Camp Kit List
Please ensure your Beavers, Cubs, Scout, Explorer arrives with a kit bag and a day bag.We would ask that your child travel to the Camp/Holiday in Full uniform.Kit bag or rucksack that s/he can carry themselves containing the following labelled items and day sack.
NO ELECTRONIC GAMES
NO MOBILE PHONES
NO ENERGY DRINKS
- Black bin bags are not suitable for bedding rolls as they tear very easily, with the result that the contents get lost or soiled in transit.
- Please place wash-proof name labels in all clothing.
For everything else please label with either indelible ink and/or engraving as appropriate.
- Penknives are allowed on for Scout/ Explorers on Skills camps only, but MUST be in a tin, labeled and handed in to the designated leader. Note they can only be used ONCE the owner is deemed competent and possession will still be dependent on behavior!
- pack a couple of shopping bags on your hike. they come in useful to put on your feet to keep you dry and warm if very wet.
This is a guide not a definitive list, please feel free to add items you deem appropriate.
CAMP KIT LIST
- Underwear (1 per day)
- Socks (1 per day plus)
- T Shirts (1 per day)
- Shorts or trousers (1 per day) (NOT Jeans)
- Jumpers (1 per day)
- Swim wear, Towel and water shoes (1 set as needed)
- Walking Boots (not wellies)
- Wash Kit & Towel
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping mat
- Pyjamas 1 set
- Head Torch & spare batteries 1 set
- bag for dirty clothes.
- Tea Towel
- Warm winter coat ( Winter Camp )
- 1 Cake for sharing
- Plastic bags for your feet (carrier bags help to keep the water off your socks in wet weather)
- Folding camp chair (Scouts/Explorers Only)
- penknife (Scouts/Explorers Only,Skill camps only ( hand in to leaders on arrival
- Day bag/rucksack (25L or less)
- Water Bottle
- Packed Lunch (If advised by leaders)
- Hat, Scarf and gloves (Winter Camp)
- Sun Cream/ Sun Hat (Summer Camp)
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Trousers
- Personal first aid kit including blister plaster (Scouts/Explorers)
- Pair of gaitors (optional)
- Spare pair boot laces
Personal First-Aid Kit
A personal first-aid kit will help you treat scrapes, blisters, and other minor injuries.
Carry a personal first-aid kit on hikes and camp-outs. Fit everything in a resalable
plastic bag and take it with you whenever you set out on a Scout adventure.
Personal First-Aid Kit
- 2 sterile, 3-by-3-inch gauze pads
- A small roll of adhesive tape
- 5 alcohol wipes
- Disposable nonlatex gloves
- CPR breathing barrier
- Pencil and paper